Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cucumber Salad Re-Do

Usually I do not repeat meals, unless they are REALLY good, or REALLY easy.
This falls in the latter category.
But also I just HAD to re-do this meal, because last time I made it my pictures were crap.
The last time, it was dark and I took the pictures inside, with crappy lighting and they were awful.
Side note: I worried about winter time, I'll have to get quite creative with lighting, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. 
This is a slightly different recipe than the last cucumber salad, I'm not sure I like it quite as much.
I did add about 1 T feta cheese and doubled the vinegar, which I think helped.  But it just wasn't quite as tasty.  However it was good to try a slights different version, that's how we perfect things right?
Well I think my goal was met in improving the photos on this one, hallelujah! 
I once again served this with a turkey burger, which was also really good. 
Try this version, or try the old version, OR post your own version in the comments.  Its my summer's mission to create the perfect cucumber salad!
ENJOY!
P.S. Herb butter Chicken cutlets and balsamic potatoes to come!

Dilled Cucumber Salad
2 english cucumbers
2 tsp coarse salt
1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill, finely chopped, plus dill sprigs for garnish
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp ground pepper (or more to taste)

Halve cucumbers lengthwise.  With a spoon scoop out and discard any seeds.
Cut crosswise into 1/8 in thick slices.
Place in a colander set over a bowl and toss with 2 tsp salt; let stand 15 min.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl, combine yogurt, chopped dill, vinegar, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
Remove cucumbers from colander and pat dry with paper towels.  
Add to bowl with yogurt dressing: toss to combine.  Garnish with dill sprigs if desired, and serve.


Serves 4.

Logan Rating: **
(After an angry face from me...
"what??? not everything can be a 5")
haha
















4 comments:

  1. I love this! One of my favorite meals! I am trying different cucumber recipes also to find the best one, hopefully before we lose our fresh summer produce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you did this!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And THANKS for following! :) I'm checking out your blog as we speak, looks awesome!

      Delete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!