Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chicken Salad with a TWIST

In our house, you can almost never go wrong with any kind of curry dish.
To say my husband loves curry would be an understatement, I'm pretty sure he would trade me in any day someone who made Indian food on a daily basis.  
So every once in a while, I indulge him, mainly because I love curry too!
This was a wonderful twist on a traditional chicken salad, which might I add my husband does not like.
Seriously, I'm telling you, I could add curry to ANYTHING and he would eat it.
This is a pasta salad, so it makes a delicious lunch on its own, but leave out the pasta and you could make wraps/sandwiches out of this wonderful chicken salad. 
The raisins add a perfect sweetness and the celery adds just the best crunch.
Don't forget to toast the almonds, it makes all the difference.
You guys would be crazy not to try this and then let me know what you think....
ENJOY!

Curried Chicken Pasta Salad
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1/2 cup half and half (I used fat free and it was still awesome)
2 T lemon juice
2 T brown sugar
3 T curry powder, more or less to taste ( I used 3 T)
S&P to taste
2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
2-3 celery stalks, chopped
3 green onions, sliced (white and light green parts only)
3/4 cup regular or golden raisins
1/2 cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted in a small skillet until golden brown
6oz bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
small handful of fresh dill, minced

Mix together mayo, yogurt or sour cream, half and half, lemon juice, brown sugar and curry powder.
In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, green onions, raisins, almonds, dill and pasta.
Pour the curry dressing over all ingredients.
Toss to combine.  Chill if needed.
Serves 8-10.
(I halved the recipe and we still have tons leftover!)










No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!