Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New computer and old meals

I was wrong
My computer was not on the mend, 
it was on its way out. 
:(
I finally have a new one and have transferred all the pics over to it.
So I can once again blog!
I know you are all relieved!
So here is another old meal that I made a couple weeks ago.
It was GREAT though!
I have a new found love for kale.
I would eat it in my house,
I would eat it with a mouse.
I would eat it here and there
I could eat it EVERYWHERE!
I LOVE KALE!
I know its an odd thing to love, but its so green and tasty, how could I not?
Anyway, the chicken and potatoes I have made already,
but the kale is new.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
FYI, don't add too much lemon...can be a bit overpowering!

Sauteed Kale with Garlic and Lemon
S&P
1 1/2 lbs kale, stems removed, leaves torn into bite size pieces
2 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice

Bring a large pot of water to boil; add a generous amount of salt.  Cook kale until just tender, 4-6 min, drain well.  Heat oil in a large skillet over medium.  Add garlic; cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 min.  Add kale; season generously with S&P.  Cook tossing often until tender 4-6 min.  Sprinkle with lemon juice, toss to combine. Serves 4.



Oh and here is my other new love...my new ROASTING PAN!
I know its weird that I love vegetables and cookware,
but can you really blame me!?

Paige Rating: *****






No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!