Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I love CURRY!

Do you love curry?
I DO, I DO, I DO!
How could you not?
This is a chicken curry that I made by roasting a whole chicken, but you could just use breasts if you don't want to wait for the whole chicken.
I served it with some brown rice and it was absolutely delicious, the basil added such a great flavor, I would have never thought of that!
FYI I put extra curry paste in because I like it SPICY, 
so use your taste buds
and add more if you want.
This is definitely a mild curry,
I know this because I was not breathing fire by the end of the meal.
So here's my suggestion...
the night before you want to make this dish make roasted chickens.
Roast 2 chicks instead of one.
Cut breasts off one chicken and serve with potatoes and some kind of veg (or whatever you want).
Then shred up the meat from the other chicken,
that you will use for the next night to make this curry dish.
It makes for such a quick and easy curry, you have to try it.
Its like killing two birds with one stone...
ok PUN intended. :)
ENJOY!

Green Chicken Curry
1 T veg oil
12 oz green beens, trimmed and halved (i just used frozen)
1 onion, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/2 in thick
S&P
2 T thai green curry paste (or more to taste)
4 cups cut up roasted chicken (or just cooked breasts)
1 can coconut milk (i use light)
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup packed torn fresh basil leaves (ESSENTIAL)
1 to 2 tsp fresh lime juice
cooked rice, such as basmati or jasmine, for serving (i used brown basmati)

Heat oil in large skillet over med heat.  Add beans and onion; season with S&P.  Cook tossing frequently until onion begins to soften, 5-7 min.
Add curry paste; cook, stirring and scraping bottom of skillet, until paste is slightly darkened, 3-4 min.  Add chicken, coconut milk, and chicken broth; bring to a simmer.
Cook until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, 5-8 min.  Remove from heat.  Add basil and lime juice.  Season with salt, and stir to combine; serve over rice.
Serves 4.  

Paige Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!