Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, June 2, 2011

um, yeah, YUM!

This picture doesn't do this meal justice,
I really need to improve my photography skills.
I'm working on that, 
but in the mean time you really must make these.
We had a house guest when I made these and while I was happy to feed her,
I must say I wish I could have eaten all of these myself.  
They were SO good!
I want to try baking them next time,
in order to feel less guilty about eating them.
But they aren't that bad, or at least that is what I keep telling myself
  I used much less oil than the recipe called for, which you could do also.
I served these sweet potato pancakes with a pork chop marinated in terryaki sauce, it was delicious.
You must try these, FOR REAL.
ENJOY!

Sweet-Potato Pancakes
1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled
3 scallions, trimmed and finely chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup all purpose flour
S&P
3/4 cup vegetable oil, such as safflower (or just enough to coat the bottom of the pan)
sour cream for serving (optional)

Coarsely grate sweet potatoes on the large holes of a box grater (or use a food processor fitted with the shredding blade.)  
Transfer to a large bowl; stir in scallions, eggs, flour, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
Using a packed 1/4 cup measure per pancake, divide potato mixture into 12 portions, placing them on a baking sheet.  Form each into a firm ball with your hands, then flatten into 3/4 in thick cakes. 
In a large skillet, heat oil over med until shimmering.  Using a metal spatula, carefully place 6 pancakes in skillet; flatten to about 1/2 in thick.
Cook until golden brown, 4-5 min per side.  Transfer pancakes to a paper towel lined platter; sprinkle with salt.  Repeat with remaining cakes.  Serve hot, with sour cream if desired.
Serves 4.


Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!