Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Burgers and Slaw

This is not my best pic, sorry!  
I'm still doing major catch up in the blogging world.  
This meal was a LONG time ago, probably a month. 
Sorry I'm so behind!
But regardless of when I made it, I can still say that it was a pretty awesome burger.
The jicama slaw was not my fave, which I was sad about because I actually LOVE jicama.
I think I just had one of those days, where cilantro was too much for me.
Logan actually really liked it, but he was not a fan of it leftover.
So we threw a lot away...darnit. 
Martha calls this her "best beef burger"
I'm not sure that its the BEST ever,
but it is pretty darn good
  and since it is summer time, 
I bet you are itching to put a slab of meat on the grill.
So do it.
ENJOY!

Best Beef Burgers
2 lbs ground chuck
1 T dijon mustard
1 T worcestershire sauce
S&P
4 hamburger buns
Suggested Accompaniments
cheese
sliced beefsteak tomatoes
red and white onions (raw or grilled)
ketchup 
mustard
pickles
mayo
boston lettuce leaves

Heat the grill to high.  In a med bowl, use a fork to gently combine the ground chuck with the dijon mustard and worcestershire sauce; season generously with salt and pepper.
Gently form with mixture into 4 1 in thick patties (woah HUGE)
(raw meat sort of grosses me out)
Place the patties on the hottest part of the grill; sear until browned, 1-2 min per side.  
Move the patties to the cooler part of the grill; continue grilling until desired doneness, 4-8 min per side.

Have your grillmaster watch over them....
This is my grill master!

Split the hamburger buns and toast on the grill if you like.  Place burger on each bun and serve with desired toppings.
Serves 4.

Jicama Slaw
1 1/2 lbs jicama, peeled and julienned 
1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
2-3 T fresh lime juice
S&P

In a medium bowl, place the jicama, onion, cilantro and lime juice.
Season with salt and pepper; toss gently to combine.  Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Serves 4.  

Logan rating:
Burgers: ****
Slaw: ***

1 comment:

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!