Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Salad

Those are zucchinis...not cucumbers.
And Logan ate them and LOVED them!
Can you believe it...I almost fainted.
This salad is awesome!  
It is perfect for a hot summer afternoon or evening.
It is totally filling enough for dinner, especially on a hot day when you aren't craving a huge oven cooked meal.
You will love it, just like we did, I swear.
If you don't, then you can yell at me and tell me I'm a liar in the comment box.
AND don't skip the mint
I know it sounds weird, but trust me, it totally completes the flavor profile.
Wow...that sounded food snobby...
but really it does!
Leave a comment, please, I get lonely here sometimes.
ENJOY!

Zucchini and Chicken Salad
1/4 cup plus 1 T olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
S&P
1 1/4 lbs zucchini, thinly sliced
1lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 bunch spinach, chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Add the zucchini; toss to coat and let marinate while cooking the chicken.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the remaining 1 T oil over med heat.  Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 7 min per side.  Remove from the skillet, and slice thin.
Toss chicken with the zucchini mixture, spinach, red onion, pecans, parm and mint.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!