Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, June 24, 2011

The Cake!

I forgot to share with you all MY CAKE!!!!
I am so proud of this en devour.
I used this recipe.
However, when I did my practice cake,
yup I said it, practice cake.
I didn't really love the frosting for this recipe.
So I made a vanilla frosting that I got from my mom's "cake lady".
Sorry can't reveal the recipe, but it was VERY simple.
And she recommended that since it was a lemon cake, instead of vanilla flavoring I add lemon juice,
it was PERFECT!

Please don't laugh at the elementary decoration, 
this was my FIRST cake people! :)
To make the "sand", I crushed up vanilla wafers, then cut a heart out of cardboard and sprinkled the "sand" around the cardboard heart.  When I pulled up the cardboard the pretty icing made a perfect heart!
Tadah!

For those of you that don't know, 
Logan and I are getting married in Cabo.
So the shower was beach themed.
Get it?! 
The final product!
Way cuter than a store bought cake, right??
It was delicious!
And it was GONE by the end of the evening. 
So I suppose that says something.

I love making cakes...new hobby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!