Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Roasted Vegetable Pasta

Finally, I'm sharing a recipe for the challenge with you, first time in a LONG time.
Some of you may not even know what this blog was originally about, but essentially I was trying to cook entirely through the 2 cookbooks that are pictured above. 
After a while I was getting extremely bored and for my sanity had to start cooking from other cookbooks, blogs, magazines, etc. 
This week I decided to go back to the roots of this blog, so I do have some recipes to share with you that actually count towards my tally (which is at the top of the blog), and this is one of them.
A delicious pairing of roasted summer vegetables and a simple pasta "sauce" which consists of butter and parmesan, really can you go wrong?
It was definitely not the most amazing pasta I've ever tried, but it was fresh and easy and made my taste buds happy :)  
Have a surplus of veggies in your garden, here is the answer, let me know what you think!
ENJOY!

Pasta with Roasted Summer Vegetables and Basil
4 summer squash (about 2 lbs), halved lengthwise if large, sliced crosswise 1in thick
2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
2 red onion, halved lengthwise and slice 1/2 in thick
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup olive oil
S&P
8 oz short pasta, such as campanelle or fusilli
2 T unsalted butter
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 cup firmly packed torn fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 450.  Divide squash, tomatoes, onions and garlic between two large rimmed baking sheets.  Drizzle with oil, and season with S&P; toss to coat and spread evenly.
Roast (without tossing) until tender and starting to brown, 30-40 min.
Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil; add a generous amount of salt.  Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions.  Drain and return to the pot.
Add roasted vegetables, butter, parmesan and basil to the pot; season with S&P.
Toss gently with pasta to combine.  Reheat over medium-low if necessary before serving.
Serves 4.















No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!