Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, September 24, 2012

Grain Salad with goat cheese

This could be a light lunch, or a side dish or maybe even an afternoon snack.  
With flavors that are similar to a Caprese salad, I cannot get enough of this tasty treat, which also happens to be pretty darn healthy as well.  Whole grains, veggies, and a little goat cheese and vinegar to top off the flavor explosion that goes on in your mouth.  
Bold statement, I know, but it is true.  
I was unsure if I would like this and I definitely didn't think Logan would like it at all.
But I do, and he did, and you will!
ENJOY!

Mediterranean Grain Salad
1 1/3 cups medium-grind bulgur
S&P
2 2/3 cups boiling water
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1 1/2 cups loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped 
(Or Basil if you are a parsley hater like myself)
2 small shallots, minced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 T plus 2 tsp olive oil
4 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled

In a heatproof bowl, combine bulgur, 1 tsp salt and boiling water.  Cover and let stand until tender but slightly chewy, about 30 min. 
Drain bulgur in a fine sieve, pressing to remove liquid; return to bowl. Add tomatoes, Parsley (or basil),


shallots, vinegar, and oil.
Season with salt and pepper, and toss.  Serve topped with cheese.
Serves 4. 

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!