Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

King Style Spaghetti Squash Lasagna

I use a recipe for just about everything I make.  I don't know why.  I guess I'm just not confident in my inventive skills.  But maybe I should be...because this version of spaghetti squash lasagna was pretty divine!
I had a spaghetti squash as well as a lot of other hodgepodge things that I thought could maybe go into a lasagna...so voila spaghetti squash lasagna.  This is actually one of our favorite things here in the King household, when the garden is exploding with Squash, you have to get creative on how to use  it. 
You can add in or take things out to your liking, it will be tasty no matter what, I promise.
Usually I do not put lasagna noodles in this dish because well it is supposed to be low carb, but because I only had one spaghetti squash that was not very big I added some noodles to bulk up the dish a little.
You could substitute another spaghetti squash for the noodles, easily.  
Ok now to try to remember all that I put into it...

Spaghetti Squash Lasagna, King style
1-2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup part skim ricotta 
S&P
two handfuls of arugula (or spinach)
uncooked lasagna noodles for layering (however many fit in your pan)
hot peppers (jarred) for layering
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 T fresh oregano for layering

Preheat the oven to 375.
Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of your baking dish.  Top that with half of the cooked spaghetti squash and a handful of arugula.  Layer the lasagna noodles on top of the arugula.
Mix the ricotta and parm in a bowl, seasoning with S&P.  Then spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles (I use the back of a spoon).  
Layer the hot peppers and oregano and then top with more sauce.  Repeat the layering process once more and then top with the mozzarella. 
Cover with foil and bake 15-20 min, until cheese is starting to bubble.  Remove foil and cook for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.

Logan Rating: ***



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!