Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pork chops and Peach Relish

Now I bet you've heard of the classic combo of pork chops and applesauce, but have you heard of pork chops and peaches?  You have now!  Look at that gorgeous colorful peach relish, such a weird yet perfect combo of sweet and savory. This is the kind of thing I would have never tried a few years ago, before I started this blog, now look at me, I'm topping meat with fruit.  So fancy!
I had purchased thin cut pork chops, which I regret, get the bone in thick ones or have regret like me.
I know there will be skeptics and non adventurous folks, but you really should try this, so fresh and flavorful.  
Logan just ate the leftovers, I may have shed a tear or two. 
I paired this with the absolute easiest potato recipe ever.  How did I not think of this myself?
Microwave roasted potatoes.  They are delicious, texture is good, and they have tons of flavor.  You could add so many different kinds of spices/herbs/sauces, definitely versatile. 
Best part?  Its easy enough that a monkey could do it (or non-cooking spouses) and you don't have to turn the oven on to roast potatoes when it is 97 degrees and smokey.  
Amazing!
ENJOY!

Grilled Pork Chops with Peach and Red Onion Relish
Vegetable oil, for grill
4 bone-in pork chops (10-12 oz each)
S&P
Peach and red onion relish, recipe follows

Heat grill to medium-high; clean and lightly oil hot grates.  Season pork chops with S&P.  Grill, turning once, until cooked through, 10-12 minutes.  Serve with peach relish.

Serves 4

Peach and Red-Onion Relish
1/4 small red onion, very thinly sliced
2 ripe peaches, quartered and very thinly sliced
1 T honey
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp cayenne
S&P

In a small bowl of ice water, soak onion 10 minutes; drain, blot dry, and return to the bowl. 
Add peaches, honey, lemon juice, and cayenne; season with S&P.  
Let stand 15 minutes before serving.  (Relish can be refrigerated, covered, up to 1 day. Bring to room temp before serving).
15 minute Rosemary Garlic Potatoes
1 T olive oil
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 sprigs rosemary or 1/4 tsp dried
1 1/2 lbs new potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
Combine oil, garlic and rosemary in a 2 quart microwave safe baking dish with a lid.  Cover and microwave on high until garlic is fragrant, 1 minute.  stir in potatoes. 
Cover and microwave on high until potatoes are tender, 13-15 min.  Season with S&P.
Serves 4. 






Logan Rating: ****











No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!