Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Still pretending its fall

I know this isn't the most attractive photo I have ever posted and I'm sorry for that, but now that it is dark when I leave and when I get home, not to mention we are still living in the basement, it is harder than ever to capture that little bit of sunlight that shines into our guest bedroom and makes my photos 100000000 times better.  So I guess for a little while at least you will have to deal with my lack of beautiful photos, until I figure out exactly how to work in low light and/or when I finally get a tri-pod.
Sorry about that tangent, onto the food!
This is yet another example of how I am pretending that it is still fall even though the outside temperature does not agree with me.  This squash was divine!  The balsamic and rosemary, such a great combo with the sweetness of the squash.  Logan does not agree, but his vote doesn't really count because he has it out for cooked vegetables.  Unfair I know.
I bought boneless skinless chicken tenderloins instead of skin on breasts and then I put the filling between two of the tenderloins.  It actually worked very well and I cut out the extra calories, kudos to myself. :)
Logan loved the chicken, so at least that was a hit.
Both of these recipes are very easy and makes a very nice week night meal.
ENJOY!

Parmesan stuffed Chicken Breast
1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
grated zest of 1 lemon, about 1 T
S&P
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 3 lbs)

Preheat the oven to 450.  In a small bowl mix the parsley, breadcrumbs, parm and zest.  Season with 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper.
Divide the mixture into 4 mounds.  Carefully loosen the chicken skin with your fingers; tuck the mixture under the skin.  Season the chicken with S&P and place in a roasting pan.
Bake until the skin is crispy, the chicken is cooked through, and the temp registers to at least 165, about 30 min.   Serves 4.

Roasted Acorn Squash, Shallots and Rosemary
2 acorn squash, halved
8 shallots, peeled, root ends left intact, separate into lobes, if large
6 small sprigs fresh rosemary
3 T olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
S&P

Preheat the oven to 450.  Carefully cut each squash half into four wedges.
Combine the squash on a rimmed baking sheet with the shallots, rosemary, olive oil, and vinegar.  Season with 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper; toss well to coat, and spread in a single layer.
Roast, turning the squash halfway through until browned and tender, 35-40 min.  
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!