Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, November 3, 2011

A lovely and simple pasta

I haven't been cooking as much as I should be.
Things have been busy around here, working, wedding planning, thinking about moving...etc.
Excuses, excuses, I KNOW!
But really I am sorry and I'm getting back into the swing of things.
Hopefully some of you are still tuning in and cooking as well!
This pasta surprised me, it was incredibly easy and had a very nice fall flavor to it.
It was a total hit in our house and I bet it would be in yours as well.
It doesn't call for many ingredients, which I love and what it does call for is cheap and things that you may already have on hand.
I used only a red pepper, because yellow were spendy at the store...it amazes me that 1 pepper can be $3.
Thats NUTS!
So I just got two really big red pepper and called it good.
You could add other veggies if you would like, but this combo is pretty perfect.
So try it, and ENJOY!

Orecchiette with Sausage and Roasted Peppers
2 medium red bell peppers, ribs and seeds discarded
2 medium yellow bell peppers, ribs and seeds discarded
S&P
1 lb orecchiette or other short pasta
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
1 T butter, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup grated parmesan 

Heat the broiler, place the peppers skin side up on a foil lined baking sheet; broil 4 inches from the heat until charred, 18-20 min. (watch closely it may take less time).  Transfer to a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 2-3 min.  Using a paper towel, rub off the pepper skins, reserving any juices in the bowl.  Thinly slice the peppers crosswise into 1/4 in strips; return to bowl and set aside.
In a large pot of boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions.  Drain and reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over med heat.  Cook the sausage breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 7-10 min.  Add the roasted peppers, cook until heated through.
Transfer the sausage mixture to a large bowl; add pasta, butter, reserved pasta water and parmesan.  Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Serves 6.

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!