Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, April 25, 2011

So fast its freaky...freaky fast!

Ok, so I know that is Jimmy John's slogan, 
but why can't I use it too?
In case of any copyright lawsuits...Jimmy John's I give you all the credit for your freaky fast sandwiches.
Anyway, onto the food
This pasta was seriously freaky fast.  
It says in the book that it takes 30 min, but I'm telling you I think it took me less than 20.  
Not only is it fast but it is quite good.
I was able to make it a little less guilt ridden, also
by using fat free 1/2 and 1/2 (I know some of you are cringing) as well as adding less bacon and parmesan than the recipe called for.  As summer is fast approaching and swim suit weather is creeping up, I just can't be cooking with heavy cream!  What are you guys crazy??!!  Anyway full fat or less fat it is still GOOD, I swear!
Logan's not on a "diet" and he still thought it was great.
That ought a tell ya something :)
ENJOY!

Spaghetti Carbonara
8oz bacon (8 slices), cut 1 in thick crosswise (I cut after I cooked)
S&P
1 lb spaghetti
3 large eggs
3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
1/2 cup half and half

LOOK AT THAT INGREDIENT LIST! 
SO SHORT and CHEAP, I LOVE IT!

Set a large pot of water to boil.  In a large skillet, cook bacon over med heat, stirring occasionally until crisp, 8-12 min; transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
Salt the water, add pasta and cook until al dente.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, parm, and half/half.  Set aside.
Drain pasta, leaving some water clinging to it.  Working quickly, add hot pasta to egg mixture (or egg mixture to pasta if your egg mixture is in a tiny bowl like mine!).  Add bacon; season with S&P and toss all to combine.  The heat from the pasta will cook the egg...Martha promises!  So if you have any cases of salmonella...take it up with MARTHA!  
Serves 4.

Didn't I tell you this was quick AND easy!
So fast its FREAKY! :)

Logan Rating: ***




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!