Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, April 8, 2011

Leave some comments PLEASE

Can you believe I have blogged enough to hit my maximum data allowance?? 
Amazing!  
I also wanted to take this time to say...COMMENT, or else!
You know I mean business, so don't mess with me...just leave a COMMENT!
:)
I just really love to hear from you all...so let me know what you think about the recipes!
Even if you think it was the nastiest thing you've ever had,
they aren't my recipes so I promise I will not be offended!
Anyway...
This was a great meal, light and easy and delicious.
I love green beans and these are fancy ones, so they were even better.
You can never go wrong with lemon and fish. FYI you could use any white flaky fish, I used Tilapia.
And you can really never go wrong with roasted potatoes...
SO
Eat it
Comment
and 
ENJOY!

Sole with Lemon Butter Sauce
1/2 cup dry white wine
8 sole fillets (3-4 oz each)
S&P
16 very thin lemon slices (from 1-2 lemons, seeds removed)
3 T cold butter, cut into pieces
Dill sprigs for serving (optional)-Totally not necessary...but does look pretty

Place the wine in a large, lidded skillet.  Fold each sole fillet into thirds arrange in the skillet; season with S&P.  Lay two overlapping lemon slices on each piece of fish.  
Bring the wine to a boil; reduce the heat to med-low.  Cover; simmer gently until fish is opaque throughout, 3-5 minutes.  With a spatula, transfer the fish to serving plates.
Return the liquid to the skillet to a boil; cook until reduced to 1/2 cup, 1-2 min.  Add the lemon juice; remove from the heat.  Whisk in the butter until smooth.  Season with salt; strain if desired.  Serve with fish and garnish with dill and pepper, if desired.  
Serves 4.

Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots
3 T butter
6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced into rings
S&P
1 lb green beans, trimmed

In a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, melt 2 T of butter over med heat; swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.  Add shallots; cover.  Reduce the heat to med-low; cook stirring occasionally until golden brown, 15-20 min.  Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until fork tender, 4-6 min.  Drain; return to the pot.  Toss with the remaining 1T butter, season with S&P.  
Transfer the green beans to a serving dish; top with the caramelized shallots.
Serves 4.

Paige Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!