Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, April 14, 2011

A little Indian

Logan and I are adventurous foodies
unlike some members of my family
who pretty much refused to eat an Indian themed meal
my uncle Dug and I cooked a couple years ago.
We love Indian food, and Tandoori chicken is one of our faves.
So I was happy to see this recipe in Martha's book...
thanks again Martha, you're the best.
I served with brown rice, 
which was pretty "MEH".
Next time I would use white rice
since there is no sauce the brown rice was pretty dry and bland.
Also, I was totally afraid of the yogurt sauce, 
but it was awesome!
Paired perfectly with the chicken.
You have to try this...It is delicious and a nice change of pace.

Secrets out!
I hate chopping garlic and I hate grating ginger even more.
This is my solution.
I know I'm lazy...SO WHAT!?!
:)

Tandoori Chicken with Yogurt Sauce
1 cup plain low fat yogurt ( I use greek yogurt)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp ground ginger 
S&P
4 bone in skinless chicken breast halves 
2 granny smith apples
1 T chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat the oven to 475.  In a large bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of the yogurt, the garlic, turmeric, ginger, 2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. 
Add the chicken and turn to coat.
Transfer the chicken to a rimmed baking sheet.  Roast until the internal temp is 160, about 25-30 min.

Meanwhile, peel apple; coarsely grate into a med bowl. 
Add the cilantro and the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt; season with S&P.    
Serve the sauce alongside the chicken, with rice, if desired.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!