Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fish Pasta

Yet another recipe that I would have never made if it weren't for this blog.
Salmon, pasta, mint and peas?  Sounds weird!
And again Martha you surprised me...this was actually really good.
Now, if you are not a fish person this probably won't change your mind about it.
But if you are a salmon fan, I bet you will like this recipe.  
And don't skip the mint, I totally would have, but it adds such a great flavor!
It was light, bright and springy.
Oh and did I mention EASY!
ENJOY!

Farfalle with Salmon, Mint, and Peas
S&P
1 lb farfalle (or whatever pasta you like)
1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet
2 lemons, zested and juiced
1 package (10oz) frozen peas
2 T butter
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, plus more for serving

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente according to package directions.  Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water; return pasta to the pot.

Meanwhile, season the salmon with S&P, place in a large skillet.  Add 1/4 cup water and the lemon zest and juice.  Bring to a simmer over medium heat.   Cover; steam for 10 min.

Add the frozen peas; steam, covered until the peas are tender and the salmon is opaque, 6-8 min.

Transfer to the pot with the pasta.  Add butter and mint.  Season with salt and pepper.  Toss gently flaking the fish and adding reserved pasta water as desired ( I only added about 1/4 cup).  Serve immediately sprinkled with more mint.

Serves 6. (Not so sure about this...I think 4)

Paige Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!