Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, April 18, 2011

25 Followers!!! THANKS everyone!!! Keep em coming!

There is a first time for everything.
This was my first time with fennel.
I was surprised...it was pretty good.
Interesting flavor, but worked really well in this salad, 
which was a nice, fresh, light twist on a side dish.  
I didn't really like the parsley, in fact
I think I realized this week that I don't like parsley at all...bummer.
The salad paired really well with this Asian glazed salmon, which was REALLY good.
Another springy meal in some seriously not so springy weather.
I'm still willing the warm weather to arrive!
ENJOY!

Fennel, Orange, and Parsley Salad
2 medium fennel bulbs
5 medium oranges
2/3 cup fresh parsley leaves (LESS, in my opinion)
2 T slivered pitted black olives
1tsp olive oil
S&P

Trim fennel bulbs.  Quarter, core, and thinly slice the bulbs crosswise.
Using a paring knife, remoe the peel and pith from the oranges.  Separate into segments over a large bowl (to catch the juice) then add the segments to the bowl.
Add the fennel, parsley, olives, and olive oil; season with S&P.  Gently toss and serve.
Serves 4.

Salmon Steaks with Hoisin Glaze
1 T fresh orange juice
2 T hoisin suace
2 tsp honey
4 salmon steaks (each 8-10 oz and 1 in thick)...I couldn't find steaks, so I just used fillets
S&P

Heat broiler.  In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, hoisin sauce and honey to make a glaze.
Rinse the salmon steaks, and pat dry.  Season both sides with salt and pepper.  Place the steaks on a rimmed baking sheet.  Brush generously with the glaze.
Broil the salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in the center, 10-13 min.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating:
Salad:***
Salmon:****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!