Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Spicy Soba Noodle Salad

I don't know if you can all tell, but we have been on a bit of an Asian kick.
It honestly wasn't intentional, but no one in our house is complaining, that being Logan or I.
For this recipe I got the opportunity to use my new smaller food processor that also has a shredding attachment, which I must tell you is AMAZING to have.
It does add some extra dishes, but so far my dishwasher (Logan) hasn't complained.
This was a hit in our house, Logan loved the spice from the red pepper flakes and I loved the tang from the dressing.  Next time I think I will do less noodles, add some crisp lettuce and use chicken instead of pork.  I like white meat better than the other white meat.
All in all this was a great recipe and I imagine I will be asked to make it again.  
Poor Logan, my response to all of his inquiries for repeat meals is "not till the blog is done".
Which as we all know could very well be YEARS! 
Maybe I could make it for a birthday meal...I guess I could concede another repeat for a birthday  meal.

PS...did anyone notice I am now a featured publisher for foodbuzz.com!?!
Very exciting new venture in my blogging.
You should all check out foodbuzz, it is such a great community of bloggers.
Just don't forget to come back here, because I would miss you!
ENJOY!

Pork and Soba Noodle Salad
Salt
6 oz soba noodles
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 T fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving
2 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tsp finely grated peeled fresh ginger
1 tsp honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 lb roasted pork tenderloin (recipe found here)
3 carrots, coarsely grated
1 red bell pepper ribs and seeds removed, cut into strips
3 scallions, trimmed, halved lengthwise, and cut into 2 in pieces

Bring a large pot of water to boil; add a generous amount of salt.  Cook noodles until tender according to package instructions; drain and rinse under cold water until cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, lime juice
sesame oil, ginger, honey, garlic, and red pepper flakes
Add pork
carrots
bell pepper, noodles, and scallions.
Toss to combine.  Serve at room temp or chilled; garnish with lime wedges.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating:*****







1 comment:

  1. i would like some things dug makes a second time too-but he just cant make it the same-for some reason-candy

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!