Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, July 22, 2011

Light Summer meal

OH this is so incredibly amazing, because it was so incredibly quick, easy and delicious!
The simplicity of this recipe is what gets me, I just love it.
I can't believe I never thought of this. 
I have made orzo as a side dish SO many times
and adding the veggies and the chicken really made this a meal. 
For real guys, this is awesome.
Grill some chicken for dinner one night
and then the next night shred up the leftovers and boil some water and BOOM you have another meal.
So simple, right!?
Genius, Martha, Genius!

Orzo with Chicken, Corn, and Green Beans
S&P
8 oz orzo
8 oz green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 in pieces
1 T olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 package (10oz) frozen corn, thawed ( I used canned, because I love it!)
4 cups shredded chicken breast

Bring a  pot of water to boil; add a generous amount of salt.  Cook orzo until al dente according to package instructions, adding green beans during last 6 min of cooking.  Drain orzo and beans; rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process. 
Meanwhile in a large skillet, heat oil over med.  Add garlic; cook stirring until fragrant, 1-2 min.  Add corn and 1 tsp salt; cook stirring until warmed through 2-3 min.  (At this time I also added about 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes.
Toss orzo and green beans with corn mixture and chicken.
Season generously with S&P.  The dish can be made up to 2 days ahead; let cool, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, chilled or at room temp.
Serves 4. 

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!