Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, July 19, 2010

Open fire cookout...Supper club style!!!



I'm sure I've mentioned to you all before about this fantastic supper club that Logan and I are a part of.  Well we finally were able to host our first supper club and we really did it up big.  We had an open fire cookout, followed by a campout, followed by the first EVER breakfast club in our backyard.  It was definitely a marathon of a weekend and we all had a great time.  I don't have all the recipes of the food that everyone else brought, but I made the BBQ ribs from a previous blog post and some baked beans.  We also had teriyaki  chicken sandwiches with pepperjack and grilled pineapple, a very delicious salad, followed by a kick ass dutch oven cobbler with ice cream.  I think that was it for food, it was all extremely delicious and as usual we had way more food than we had people to eat it.  In the morning Neil made a Murray family dutch oven recipe, which I believe he called the mountain man breakfast.  It was definitely hearty and extremely delicious and just a great way to top off an awesome supper/breakfast club.  Thanks to all involved, it was such a great time!!!
So just a quick note about the baked beans for this blogs purposes.  I will post the instructions as the recipe states them, as I'm sure most of you will be using an oven and not an open fire.  I thought these were AWESOME, but logan being new to beans was not so impressed.  SO just so everyone knows, if you love beans, you will love this recipe.  It's super simple and really I don't think I will ever buy canned baked beans again, these were SO delicious!  And may I reiterate...SO EASY!  Enjoy!

Boston Baked Beans
1/2 cup unsulfured molasses
1/2 cup ketchup 
1/4 cup dijon 
3 cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
S&P
1 large onion, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 in thick
4 slices bacon, halved crosswise (I used centercut)

Preheat oven to 375.  Combine molasses, ketchup, and mustard.  Add beans and season with S&P.
Transfer to 2-3 quart covered baking dish.  Scatter sliced onion over beans; lay bacon slices on top in a single layer. 





Cover dish and bake 30 min.  Uncover and cook until bacon is crisp, 30-40 min more.  Let cool and stir well before serving. 


Serves 6.  






Looks like a pretty awesome supper club huh??

Logan Rating: *
(again non bean eater)





1 comment:

  1. Ouch, Logan. It appears as if you're giving Supper Club one star. It hurts a little, even though I know the solo star is for the beans :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!