Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, July 19, 2010

Another weird sandwich...Fig and Prosciutto

So here is another one that I never would have made if it weren't for this challenge.  This is very exciting for me, because it was SUPER delicious.  It's just really cool to branch out and make things that aren't necessarily mainstream and have them end up to be awesome...makes me realize how much I've been missing out on over the years.  So hopefully this blog inspires all 10 of you (haha) to think outside the box and cook things that you wouldn't normally venture to cook.   
This sandwich is a little more time consuming because of the fig-jam, but if thats made ahead of time, then its super easy and quick.  I couldn't believe how much we liked this one, I though it would be ok, but in fact it was absolutely delicious!  I served it with a simple salad with garlic vinaigrette, which I believe the recipe is in a previous post.  I dare you all to try this one, I swear you won't be disappointed!!

Prosciutto and Fig-Jam Sandwiches
1 large baguette or soft italian loaf
fig jam
4 oz prosciutto
4 oz asiago cheese, thinly sliced
1 small bunch arugula, washed and dried

Cut baguette into four 5-6 in long pieces.  Split each piece horizontally leaving one side intact.  Spread all the bread with fig jab, layer bottom halves with prosciutto, cheese and arugula.  Fold halves together and serve.
Serves 4. 

Fig Jam
10 oz dried figs, stemmed and cut into 1/4 in pieces
3 T sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 T lemon juice

Combine figs with sugar and water, bring to boil stirring to dissolve sugar.  Reduce heat.  Cover and simmer until almost all liquid has evaporated and figs are tender, about 20 min.  

Transfer to a food processor;  add lemon juice.  Puree until smooth.
Makes 1 1/4 cups.  ( halved this recipe and still had leftover.)

Logan Rating: ****


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!