Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Monday, July 19, 2010

All up to date...Salmon Patties

Ok folks, thats right this crazy marathon of blogging is complete after this post and lets hope I never let it get this out of hand again...uff dah!  Ok so I'm going to say it again...another AMAZING summer meal.  This one is definitely at the top of my list and you'll be able to tell by his rating, tops logan's as well.  A really inexpensive way to use salmon, because you can make it stretch, I halved this recipe and actually only used 1/2 lb, which was like $3!  Although next time I would truly half the recipe and get .75 lbs.  Now I do have some tips for you that I learned the hard way.  So when you fry up these awesome little patties, make sure your pan is pretty hot so that right away they get a sear on them, this will help them to not fall apart.  AND make sure you thoroughly spray the pan before you put them in AND before you flip them, even though the instructions do not say this.  My patties were a failure for the most part, but they still tasted fantastic!  I luckily had 3 that turned out ok for picture purposes ;).  The noodles are FANTASTIC by the way, and they perfectly accompany this meal, best asian noodles I've ever made I think.  The sauce is also another one that you just have to make, its SO easy and it totally makes this dish. So don't skip it!  Alright everyone, enjoy this recipe and cross your fingers that I will be much better at blogging in the future.  However I do leave this friday for HOME (MN) and a small trip down to NC to visit one of my favorite people in the whole wide world...so I will be MIA for a few weeks, although I may decide to still do some blogging....we shall just have to wait and see.  Hope everyone is having a fantastic monday!  
Enjoy!

Asian Salmon Patties
1 1/2 lbs skinless salmon fillet, finely chopped
2 shallots, minced
2 T grated ginger
1 large egg
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
S&P
sesame mayonnaise for serving (recipe below)

In a large bowl, combine salmon, shallots, ginger, egg, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.  Form into 8 equal patties, about 1 in thick.  Freeze until just firm, about 20 min.


Heat large nonstick skillet over medium high.  (SPRAY SPRAY SPRAY).  Cook until browned on both sides and just opaque through, about 4-6 min per side.  
Serves 4.

Sesame Mayonnaise
1/3 cup mayo
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 T fresh lime juice
1 tsp toasted sesame oil

Stir together all ingredients, chill and store up to 3 days



Chinese noodles with sesame dressing
8 oz thin chinese noodles
1 T veg oil 
1/4 cup lime juice
2 T soy sauce
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tsp brown sugar
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like it hot add more)
3 T coarsely chopped cilantro
S&P

Bring pot of water to boil; cook noodles according to package directions.  drain and rinse under cold water.  Transfer to large bowl, toss with oil.
In a small bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients and then pour sauce over noodles, season with S&P.


SO GOOD!

Logan Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!