Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Some serious comfort food

I would have to say that there is nothing I love more than curling up with a big bowl of pasta.
Some people may like books, I like pasta, so what? Sue me!
And although this one is served on a plate (in an attempt to make it pretty for ya'll)
I prefer my pasta in a bowl, so I can swirl it around and get a nice big fork full before shoving it in my mouth.
This pasta didn't disappoint, man was it delicious.
The shrimp was a different addition, but I loved it. 
I used probably one of the last harvests of tomatoes from the garden to really make this pasta extra special.
The basil is an absolute necessity, it really gives it that extra pop, don't leave it out or you'll be sorry!
The sauce was a little runny for my liking, but it was soaked up well by the noodles and shrimp, so I guess it really wasn't a big deal, but next time I might add a little less water to the pot.
Try this one!
ENJOY!

Shrimp, Tomato and Basil Pasta
1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp peeled and deveined
S&P
6 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes in juice
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 lb linguine 
1 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces

Season the shrimp with S&P.  In a large skillet, heat 4 T of the oil over high heat.  Add the shrimp; cook until opaque throughout, turning occasionally, about 3min.  Transfer to a bowl, set aside.
Make the sauce:  To the same skillet add the remaining 2 tsp oil and garlic, cook over med heat until fragrant about 30 seconds.  Add the canned tomatoes and their juice, along with 2 cups water (less if desired); bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat; simmer stirring occasionally until the tomatoes have softened and are saucy, about 15 min. 
Remove sauce from heat and stir in the cherry tomatoes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente.  Drain; return the pasta to the pot. Add the tomato sauce, shrimp and basil; season with salt and pepper, and toss.  Serve immediately garnished with more basil leaves if desired. 

LOGAN RATING: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!