Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Corn Soup, NOT COLD

This is corn soup, it is not cold and it was absolutely delicious.
Logan was not sold, but I seriously sipped it all up and then licked the bowl afterwards. 
It was so simple and yet that's what made it so delicious, it really highlighted the bright natural flavor of corn.
YUM!
I paired it with BBQ chicken and some sliced and pan fried potatoes. Can't get any better than this. 
Do you like that BBQ sauce smear on the plate? 
That's how fancy I am.   Well only with my plate, because that's the one I photograph.
Logan's plate usually just looks like one large pile of food. I never claimed to be perfect. :)
I added some Chile powder to this recipe, gave it a nice extra bite, loved it.
Top this with scallions and scoop it up with tortilla chips, you will thank me with every bite that you take!
ENJOY!

Creamy Corn Soup
16 ears yellow corn
4 T butter, cut into small pieces
salt (I used pepper and chile powder as well)
garnishes:
scallions
tortilla chips
lime wedges

Remove the husks and silks from the corn. 
Holding the ears in a large bowl, slice off the kernals.
In two batches puree the kernals and accumulated juices with a total of 2 cups water until chunky.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the pureed corn, butter and 4 cups water and 1 T salt until butter is melted and soup is heated through, about 5 min.
Serve hot with suggested garnishes as desired.  Or you can let it cool and freeze it in individual servings; reheat over med-low or in the microwave.
Serves 8.
YUM BBQ Chicken!

LOGAN RATING: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!