Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oddly delicious!

This dish is sweet, savory, fishy and oh so delicious.  
The combination of ingredients definitely threw me off at first, but they all worked really well together.
Oh Martha, I don't know why I doubt you...forgive me!
So this meal is a little "winterish" for this nice sunny weather we are having, but I made this when it was still nasty outside.
So maybe you could make it on a rainy day :)
It was a great different meal and I'm so glad I have this blog, because I NEVER would have tried it without it.
Did I mention it is super easy?  Well it is!
ENJOY!

Cod with FEnnel and Potatoes
1 T olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 trimmed fennel bulb (reserve fronds) cut into 1/2 in pieces
1 lb russet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
1 can reduced sodium chicken broth 
2 T tomato paste
3 strips (1/2 in wide) orange zest
Salt
4 boneless skinless cod fillets (6oz each)


In a 12 in skillet, heat olive oil over med heat.  Add onion and garlic.  Cook, stirring frequently until onion is soft, about 7 min.
Add the choped fennel; cook, stirring frequently until crisp-tender, about 5 min.
Add potatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste and orange zest; season with salt. Boil for 10 min.

Place cod fillets on top; reduce heat.  Cover simmer  until fish is opaque throughout, about 10 min.
Serve with chopped reserved fennel fronds if desired.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!