Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

LONG OVERDUE

I have just been so busy!
Watching movies, catching up on TV shows, reading good books, finishing my half-done knitting projects, going to the gym, hanging in the sun and occasionally studying for my board exam.
I've neglected you all, because of my oh so busy schedule recently.
And for that I am SORRY!
I blame Logan...
mainly because I can.
ANYWAY!
This was something that I made for our Quatro De Mayo celebration supper club.
Yes thats right, we celebrated the 4th day of May, while everyone else was celebrating the 5th.
We are cool like that, I know you're jealous.
It was fitting, because I am in the 4th year of my 20's and I had just finished 4 years of college and we have lived in Missoula for 2 years, which is half of four...OK so I just wanted to celebrate a day early.
So SUE me! :)
So since now you know that this was made on May 4th, you are probably wondering why I am just now sharing it with you, on the 24th of May.
The truth is...
THIS is how behind I am! 
I'm sorry! x a million.
I promise to make it up to you all..
maybe.
Seriously though this is good.
I made two for about 12 people and I'm sure glad I did, because it was gobbled up!
So make this for a dinner party or just for yourself, you won't be sorry!
THANKS FOR READING!!!!
ENJOY!
Tortilla and Black Bean Pie
4 flour tortillas (10 in)
1 T oil
1 large onion diced
1 jalapeno chile, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
S&P
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
12 oz beer or 1 1/2 cups water
1 package (10oz) frozen corn (I used canned, because I like it better)
4 scallions thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400.  Using a paring knife trim the tortillas to fit a 9 inch spring form pan, using the bottom of the pan as a guide. Set aside.
Heat oil in a skillet over med heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic and cumin; season with salt and pepper.
Cook stirring until onion is softened, 5-7 min.
Add beans and beer to the skillet and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to med; simmer until the liquid has almost evaporated 8-10 min.
Stir in corn and scallions and remove from heat. Season with S&P.
Fit a trimmed tortilla in the bottom of the springform pan; layer with one quarter of the beans and 1/2 cup cheese.  Repeat three times, using 1 cup cheese on the top layer.  
Bake until hot and the cheese is melted, 20-25 min.  Unmold the pie; sprinkle with scallions.  Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
Serves 6.

Logan Rating: ***
And I quote "I know I liked it but I don't really remember"
WHOOPS!  Guess I shouldn't wait 20 days to post the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!