Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting caught up

It will take me a while to get caught up
so stick around...lots of good recipes to come.
This was a great light summer meal.
I made it on a night that I really didn't feel like cooking.
In the summer when I have nights like that I usually do something grilled,
mainly because Logan loves to be the grillmaster, so I don't have to do anything.
I paired BBQ  chicken with this awesome cucumber slaw...it was delish.
You should try it
bring it to a BBQ or just make it for yourself and eat it all...like I wish I would have.  
ENJOY!

Cucumber Radish Slaw
2 English cucumbers
4-6 radishes
S&P
2 T minced red onion
3 T cider vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp sugar

Peel cucs and halve lengthwise, scrape out any seeds 
and slice very thin.
Thinly slice enough radishes to equal 1 cup.  
In a large colander, toss the vegetables with 1/2 tsp salt.  Top the mixture with a plate that fits inside the colander; weight with a heavy object.  Drain in the sink for 20 min; squeeze the veggies in paper towels to dry.
Transfer to a bowl; toss with onion,
vinegar, olive oil and sugar; season with salt and pepper.  
Serve immediately.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!