Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Margherita Pizza with a Twist

Because I've been slacking lately, I had to share this with you.
Long story short, my parents were here, it was my birthday and I've done NO grocery shopping. 
So after work today I stood in the grocery store, overwhelmed with NO CLUE what to make for dinner.  This doesn't happen often, and well when it does...I pick up the first thing I see.  This time it was pizza dough. I threw some fresh mozzarella and basil into my basket as well before checking out.
When I got home I added some grape tomatoes and pepperoncinis...Tadah!
So even when you are totally lost, have no fear...
you can still make a meal that is worth serving someone.  Just use your creativity!
Some real food will be coming soon!
ENJOY!

Margherita Pizza
1 store bought ball of pizza dough (or homemade if youre ambitious)
1/4 cup marinara sauce
8oz fresh mozzarella cheese (sliced)
1/4 cup basil leaves, torn
handful of grape tomatoes cut in half (or slice up a whole tomato thinly)
pepperoncinis roughly chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 400.
Roll out or stretch dough to fit your pan.  Spread sauce over dough, leaving some space bare around the outside to form a crust.  Place mozzarella slices on top of the sauce and then top with the rest of the ingredients as desired.  Bake for 13-15 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is melted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!