Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter/Thai Steak Salad

HAPPY EASTER!

Since I have already eaten my fill of these
as well as these
and lastly these
I am all Easter'd out!

Therefore I share with you a Thai Steak Salad
about as far as I could get from Easter.
ENJOY!
This was a delicious salad.
I have actually made it before, but forgot to blog about it, or didn't take pictures, or was just down right lazy.
But who's keeping track, not me!
I made this when it was feeling spring-like here in MT.  And then of course it snowed...
I should have known, I should never trust MT weather.
One minute you can be sun bathing on your deck and the next you are catching snowflakes on your tongue.
So while I'm sure next week I'll be blogging about soups and hot dish, for now I am focusing on this bright springy salad that my taste buds LOVED!
The dressing/marinade does not look like a lot, but it goes a long way, just make sure you don't use it all up as the marinade.

Try this out and leave me a comment!  Hope you are all still out there!

Thai Steak Salad
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 T soy sauce
1 T sugar
1/4 to 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
3 T vegetable oil
2 boneless rib-eye steaks (each 8oz and 3/4 in thick)
S&P
1/2 lb carrots (3-4 med)
1 medium head romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1 in ribbons
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
1/3 cup salted peanuts, chopped (totally makes this salad!)

Make marinade; in a med bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, red pepper flakes, and oil.  

Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper; place in a baking dish. Pour one quarter of the marinade over the steaks (reserve the rest): turn the steaks to coat.  Let them marinate up to 30 min.
In a large skillet, cook the steaks on med-high heat, turning once, 2-3 min per side for med-rare.  
Transfer to a cutting board; tent loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest, 5-10 min.  
Slice the steaks across the grain; halve the slices crosswise.  Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with reserved marinade.
With a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots into long ribbons.  Add to steak in the bowl, along with lettuce and mint: toss to combine. 
Divide salad among 4 shallow bowls.  Sprinkle with beans sprouts and peanuts.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!