Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Friday, September 2, 2011

Steak with Poblano Sauce

So I'm leaving for MN in about 2 hours.  I thought I would leave you with a recipe before I go, because I will be honest with you all and say that I doubt I will be posting while I'm there.  I will try to post at least once, hopefully we will be doing some cooking, but I'm not making any promises.
This was actually fairly quick and easy.  Besides the roasting of the peppers, this took less than 20 min.
It had a nice bite to it, but the roasting helped to mellow out the heat a bit. 
I served this over orzo, because we are a carb kind of household.
Try this one, its delicious!
ENJOY!

Skirt Steak with Poblano Sauce
1 1/2 lbs skirt steak 
1 T canola oil, plus more for rubbing steak
S&P
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 plum tomato, chopped
2 poblano chiles, roasted and thinly sliced
1 lime, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges

Roast the pepper over an open flame until charred on all sides (you can roast directly over gas burner or put int on the grill).  Fold a paper towel around the chile and let it steam for 15-20 min.  
Using the paper towel to protect your fingers, rub the charred skin off the chile.  With a fresh paper towel, split the pepper open lengthwise; remove and discard the seeds and ribs.  If your fingers come in contact with the seeds or ribs, wash hands immediately.  
Heat the grill to high.  Rub the steak with some canola oil; season with S&P.  Grill 3-5 min per side for med rare.  Heat the 1 T canola oil in a medium skillet over med heat.  Add the onion and garlic; cook stirring often until golden and fragrant, 3-4 min.
(fresh onion from the garden)
Add tomato, sliced chiles, lime juice and 1/2-3/4 cup water; season with salt.
Reduce heat; simmer until thickened and saucy, 3-5 min.
Slice the meat; serve with the sauce and lime wedges.
Serves 4.

Logan Rating: ***





No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!