Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Caution...foodgasm

Ok I know I'm making up words again, but this risotto seriously needed a new word to describe it!  
It was THAT good.
This is by far one of my favorites and I literally ate it 4 times for leftovers and NEVER got sick of it.
This was my first time making a true risotto and while it was a lot of work it was totally worth it.
I can't say enough about this dish and at the same time I don't have the words to explain how good it is!
So my solution for you is to TRY IT!
ENJOY!

Mushroom and Parmesan Risotto
2 cans vegetable broth
1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed ( I couldn't find these so I used dried oyster mushrooms)
2 cups water
3 T unsalted butter
8oz mixed fresh mushrooms cut into 1/2 in pieces
S&P
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 cup arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, more for garnish

In a medium saucepan, bring veg broth, porcini and water to boil; cook until porcini are tender, about 1 minute.  With a slotted spoon, remove porcini coarsely chop and reserve.  Reduce heat to low and cover to keep warm.
In a saucepan, heat 1 T butter over medium high add fresh mushrooms and chopped porcini; season with S&P.  Cook, stirring frequently until tender 3-5 min.  Transfer to a plate.
Reduce heat to med low.  Add 1 T butter and onion to saucepan; season with S&P.  Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, 3-5 min.  Add rice and cook stirring 1 min.  Pour in wine, cook stirring until absorbed, about 2 min.
Ladle in 2 cups warm broth cook, stirring occasionally until almost completely absorbed (about 5 min).  Continue to add broth (1 cup at a time) stirring occasionally and allowing liquid to be almost absorbed before adding more, until rice is al dente and mixture is creamy, about 25 min total.  (you may not need all the broth or all the time). 
Remove from heat.  Stir in parm, remaining T butter and half the sauteed mushrooms; season with S&P.  Serve immediately, topped with remaining mushrooms and garnished with additional cheese.
Serves 4.

Paige Rating: *****



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!