Foodbuzz

Search This Blog

*All recipes on this blog (unless otherwise noted) are Martha Stewart's from the Everyday Food Cookbooks here and here, they are not my own. If other than this I will post links to the recipes or indicate that they are originals*

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Caramelized Onion Frittata

During the week breakfast is usually a piece of toast and a cup of coffee and every once in a while I have time to cook up an egg and throw it on top of the toast.  Last week, I decided that had to change, so I thought of breakfasts that would be just as good heated up and made them when I had time.  This was one of them and boy oh boy was it good.  I forgot how much I LOVE frittatas and how easy they are, I fell in love with them all over again with this recipe. Of course I added my twist here and there, but this recipe was overall very good, you will love this both the morning you make it and heated up as leftovers throughout the week!
ENJOY!
You can find the recipe here as well.
Caramelized Onion Frittata
  • 1 white onion, thinly sliced rings
  • 1 medium red pepper, diced
  • 1 1/2 cups zucchini, diced into matchsticks
  • 4 large eggs
  • 4 large egg whites
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • salt and fresh pepper                                                                                                                                                                                         I did all egg whites because I actually had no eggs in the house and I also added about 1 tsp sriracha to cater to my spice loving husband.  Even being all egg whites this was actually really delicious and Logan loved it too!  Will be making a variation of this again soon!

  • Preheat your oven to 400.
    Chop the vegetables as directed.

    Over medium-low heat oil in a skillet.  Stir in onion and cook until slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. 
    Add peppers and cook 5 more minutes, then add zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook 3 more minutes stirring occasionally.
    In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, parmesan, salt and pepper.
    Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the vegetables. When the edges begin to set (about 2 minutes) move skillet to oven. 
    Cook about 10-15 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked. Serve warm, cut into 4 pieces.
    Logan Rating: ****

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT!